Our Current Praise & Needs
Updated May 11th, 2018
Every summer our staff takes time to work on new projects and to travel for teaching and speaking engagements. We are grateful that the Lord has opened the door for us to speak in several locations in the coming months.
- Tim and Caleb Hegg will be traveling to Lucan, Ontario in August. Both Tim and Caleb are praying about topics to touch on for this one day conference which will be open to the public (Aug. 5th). Please pray that this event will be a fruitful time of teaching and connection with fellow believers.
- Rob Vanhoff has been asked to travel to Trinidad and speak on the Book of Galatians. Traveling out of country is usually a stressful situation. Our prayer is that Rob will have safe and easy travels, and that the Lord would enable him to communicate his lectures effectively to the group he will be teaching.
- Lord willing, our entire staff will be traveling to Colorado in November and hosting two conferences—one in Colorado Springs, and the other in Denver. These short, half-day events will be a time of teaching and meeting fellow believers in these areas. Please be praying that these interactions will build new friendships and bring glory to our Lord.
As you may already know, traveling can put stress on families, especially on those with small children, and it’s always expensive. Please keep us in prayer as these events draw nearer that the Lord will help us to prepare our presentations and that He would prepare the hearts of those who will be attending these events. We also ask that you would pray with us that all the necessary funds will be provided.
2018 Family Camp
We are all gearing up for the 6th Annual, TorahResource Institute Family Camp in August! Currently, the number of people who have registered are lower than normal, but the exciting thing is that many of those who have registered, are new! We’ve never met them before! What a blessing it is to make new connections and meet new brothers and sisters in Messiah. Moreover, a good amount of people coming, are from outside of the U.S.! We ask for your prayers as we prepare for camp and that more people will register to make this event more exciting and fun.
Reformatting Publishing Project
We are currently working on reformatting some of our books from the large, 8.5″x11″ workbook format to a smaller, 6″x9″ format. It has been our desire to make this change for a number of reasons:
- The larger format makes the books a bit unwieldy for traveling and difficult to fit on a standard bookshelf.
- The software used to create our older books is outdated so now, we can be update them to the latest version of the publishing software that we use.
- Reformatting each book also affords us the opportunity to fix typos and formatting errors.
This project has already been very time consuming and it will be expensive to complete. This update is something that has been on the back burner for quite some time and now, we believe, is the right time to address it. Please pray with us that the Lord will provided all the necessary funding to complete this project and that we would find the time to get it all done as soon as possible.