Register for this Live, Online Lecture with TorahResource Institute Instructor, Rob Vanhoff.
A Brief History of Hebrew Bible Manuscripts
Thursday, March 28th
5-7pm (Pacific Time)
Join instructor, Rob Vanhoff, as he takes viewers on an excursion into the world of the works of ancient Jewish scribes.
- What is the nature of important Bible manuscripts we have today,
and how can I access them?
- What are the main differences between them?
- What Hebrew scripts did they use?
- What is the “Masoretic Text” and how does it relate to the Dead Sea Scrolls?
These questions and more will be explored over the course of the evening. Additionally, Rob will be introducing and utilizing online tools which are FREE and open to the public. If you’ve ever been curious about the transmission of the Tanakh through the ages, you won’t want to miss this TorahResource Institute Special Webinar!
Live Q&A following the lecture!
- Attendees will need simple internet access and a screen large enough to appreciate hi-res images.
- Participation in the real time chatroom is optional.
Below is a sample the kinds of manuscripts that will be examined in this lecture.